National Health Foundation’s Pathway Recuperative Care, located in Los Angeles County provides hospitals a safe discharge option for homeless patients who are not sick enough to remain in the hospital, but too sick for a shelter. Pathway Recuperative Care operates at two locations, Mid-City and La Puente so that hospital discharge planners can have an easier access in utilization. As the only recuperative care program endorsed by the Hospital Association of Southern California (HASC), Pathway has 50 participating hospitals in Los Angeles and San Gabriel Valley. National Health Foundation (NHF) created a “pod” model to better serve the homeless patient discharged from the hospital to a
Hospital discharge planners will benefit from:
- Professional and friendly staff providing a “quicker” notification of client acceptance
- Timely and consistent progress reports, extensions, and client outcomes
- Weekly electronic alerts and updates on referral tips
- Monthly hospital utilization summaries
- Utilization training and webinars for discharge planners and case managers
We are committed to treating our guests with dignity and respect. We empower our guests to move forward on their pathway to housing by establishing trusting relationships and providing safe and compassionate services that meet people where they are.
Recuperative Care guests will benefit from:
- Support from compassionate and caring staff 7 days a week to ease with the transition and recovery in a semi-private room.
- Assistance with medical and social service follow up appointments from medical coordinators and social workers.
- Daily nutritious hot meals, snacks and wellness checks.